Hello everyone, including you Sports Ball fans out there. I will start this post by just saying it: I hate the Sports Ball and everything associated with it.
But I love food and snacks, especially when they are infused with cannabis. And any party that is basically centered around delicious, decadent snacks is something I can get behind.
Super Bowl weekend is also among the heaviest drinking events of the year, right along with NYE. But if you’re not into drinking yourself into oblivion, or you just like cannabis more, you can still love the Super Bowl, as I’ve learned.
In fact, I love a good Super High Super Bowl party fueled by cannabis edibles. The Super Bowl is far more super with cannabis-infused recipes, and we’ve got them all, from pre-game snacks to sweets. This year as always I have no idea who’s playing—and that’s perfect. I’ll probably never figure it out.
I’ll be busy showing you how to have the most elevated Super Bowl Party possible, and how to create a menu highlighted with amazing, delicious cannabis edibles for your Super Bowl Sunday. (I recommend choosing your favorite couple of recipes and keeping the rest of your offerings THC-free, especially for your guests who may have less experience. You don’t want a totally infused buffet that lands someone in the anxiety zone.)
Whether you’re hoping for an infused pizza, some dips rich in cannabinoids, sweets that will keep your head in the clouds, or munchies that give you more munchies, we’ve got you covered.
Come find out the best way to make the Super Bowl fun again!
Cannabis Edibles for The Super Bowl
Here is our Super High Super Bowl lineup. Pick and choose from it at will like a happy maniac:
- Caprese Salad with Infused EVOO
- Infused Wings (either cauliflower or chicken, you choose, just use our sauce)
- 7 Layer Dip
- Pretzels and Infused Cheese Sauce
- Bacon-wrapped Pot Dogs (or veggie pot dogs!)
- Stoney Deviled Eggs
- Infused Portobello Sliders
- Popcorn Three Ways (all infused)
- Cannabis Charcuterie Board
- Chips and Infused Dips (we like The Herb Ranch, Infused Onion Dip, Infused Bana Ganouj, and Infused Hummus)
- Cannabis Queso
- Infused Mac and Cheese Bites
- Best Pot Brownies Ever
- Infused Peanut Butter Cookies
Caprese Salad with Infused EVOO
What to do:
- Slice 4 ripe tomatoes, ideally Roma or Campari varieties that are very meaty and red, about ¼ inch thick
- Slice 1 pound of fresh mozzarella cheese the same way
- Arrange slices of cheese and tomato to overlap, and place fresh basil leaves between them
- Top with 3 to 4 tablespoons of infused extra virgin olive oil (EVOO) and sea salt and black pepper to taste
(Either cauliflower or chicken, you choose, just use our sauce.) Instead of making the wings the standard way, use your favorite hot sauce and cannabutter in place of plain butter.
Need a great vegan recipe for Baked Cauliflower Wings? We love this one from Purple Carrot—and yes, you can still replace the butter with cannabutter. Mmmmmm.
- 4 tablespoons or ¼ cup infused oil
- 4 ripe avocados: peeled, pitted, and mashed with a fork
- 2 limes, zested and juiced
- 1 small red onion, finely minced
- ⅓ cup fresh cilantro, large stems removed, minced
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- Chiles (serrano, verde, or other mild to medium heat), diced
- 2 or more cloves crushed garlic
Black pepper, freshly ground
- Sea salt, finely ground
- Optional: cayenne pepper
- Optional: dollop sour cream
- Optional: green onions, thinly sliced
- Optional: minced jalapeno
Combine all ingredients in food processor and mix well. Serve within a day.
7 Layer Dip
Speaking of infused guacamole, put that heavenly stuff to work in this 7 Layer Dip!
In a 9 by 13 glass dish, layer these ingredients in order:
- 16 ounce can refried black or pinto beans, made thinner and spreadable with water or milk if needed
- blended ½ cup sour cream and 8 ounces soft cream cheese, seasoned to taste with taco seasoning or, if you don’t have that, a blend of cumin, garlic, salt, and smoked paprika
- Infused guacamole
- About 1 and ¼ cups salsa, drained so it’s not too runny or wet
- 1 and ½ cups shredded Mexican cheese blend or queso seco
- ½ to ¾ cup sliced black olives or black and green olives
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
Chill or serve right away. It should last in the refrigerator for at least two days.
Pretzels and Infused Cheese Sauce
Pretzels: use the store kind…or bake soft pretzels! Which you are up for is your call. Then, make this totally decadent and delightful cannabis-infused cheese sauce to dip them in:
- Melt 4 tablespoons or ½ cup of cannabutter in a medium-size saucepan and mix in 4 tablespoons or ½ cup of all-purpose flour and 1 teaspoon of salt until mixture is bubbling.
- Slowly add ¾ cup of milk, infused with cannabis if you have it, and 1 cup beer (dark beer has a stronger flavor, usually).
- Continue to heat, stirring, until thickened.
- Stir in 2 cups of grated cheese (we like half to be extra sharp white cheddar, and then the other half to be an even split of gruyere and mozzarella, but you can use whatever you like—the sharper the better), 1 teaspoon of mustard, 2 teaspoons of Worcestershire sauce, ½ teaspoon onion powder, ½ teaspoon garlic powder, and ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper.
- Keep stirring until the cheese sauce is melted and smooth. Serve hot.
Veggie Bacon Pot Dogs
The secret to pot dogs is in the bun. You may have seen us recommending making infused garlic bread, which we always love. Same principle here.
You’ll need ¼ cup cannabutter, 12 slices of veggie bacon or our veggie bacon chips, see below, and about ¼ to 1/3 cup shredded sharp cheddar or pepper jack cheese for every 6 veggie pot dogs and buns you plan to serve.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking pan with parchment paper or a silicone sheet.
- Slice each veggie dogin half lengthwise and place dogs on the lined baking sheet. Stuff each dog with cheese (and vegan bacon chips from below if you want them). Can you use vegan cheese? Yes!
- Wrap each dog in 2 slices of veggie bacon if you’re using it. Secure each dog, whether wrapped or not, with a toothpick to help keep cheese in and bacon on.
- Bake dogs for 35 to 40 minutes or until done. Bacon wrap (if you use it) should be crispy, cheese should be bubbly, stomach should be growling.
- While the dogs are in the oven, melt ¼ cup cannabutter for every 6 pot dog buns.
- Cut open the buns.
- Add a little salt, pepper, and garlic if you like it to that melted butter, and brush your buns with the butter. Use it all!
- Arrange the open, buttered buns on a lined baking sheet. Toast the buns in the oven on a separate rack for 5 to 7 minutes, or until brown and slightly crispy.
- Remove dogs and buns from the oven. Remove toothpicks.
- Serve dogs with ketchup, mustard, relish, onions, chili—infused chili, maybe!—capers, pickled jalapeńos, or whatever else you love.
If you don’t have or like that fake veggie bacon, do what we do:
- Mix a quick marinade of soy sauce, maple syrup, liquid smoke, freshly ground black pepper, and smoked paprika. Just use the Force—we never measure it—but remember a tiny bit of liquid smoke goes a very long way.
- Heat a skillet, toss in some coconut chips, and soak them in that marinade for some awesome vegan bacon chips. Toss them in the pan on medium heat until the marinade is soaked in and the chips are crispy.
We mix those into some grated vegan cheese and stuff our dogs with that.
Stoney Deviled Eggs
The secret here is canna-mayo (and by the way, once you’ve got some, you can use it in all of your favorite dips). How do you make it?
To make 2 cups of cannabis-infused mayonnaise:
- Whisk together 4 egg yolks, 1 teaspoon white vinegar, 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice, ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard, and a dash of salt. Put mixture into a blender.
- Very slowly add 1 cup infused oil (canola, EVOO, or avocado oil all work well—stay away from coconut oil for this one) in a stream to the blender which should be on high speed. You are achieving an emulsion.
- Blend until the mayonnaise begins to thicken. If it gets too thick, add a few drops of water.
To make the deviled eggs:
- Hard boil 12 eggs, cool, and peel them. (If you have trouble peeling eggs, remember this. Older eggs actually work better for this. Place them in the pan, cover them with a couple of inches of cold water, and then put them on the burner over high heat. Bring water to a full, rolling boil. Once it’s really boiling, remove the pan from the heat and cover it with a fitting lid. That’s all it takes to boil them properly, and doing so makes it easier to peel them.)
- Slice the eggs in half lengthwise. Separate yolks into a bowl and arrange whites on a serving plate.
- Mash yolks with the back of a fork. Add ½ cup canna-mayo, 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard (or more, to taste), 2 teaspoons white vinegar; and to taste: garlic powder, onion powder, sea salt, white pepper, and smoked paprika.
- Fill egg whites with yolk mixture.
- Dust with more smoked paprika for garnish.
Infused Portobello Sliders
So, so good. Pro tip: use that extra canna-mayo and make garlic aioli for these babies. Oh, and try some balsamic glaze on these (you can get it at most grocery stores or just reduce balsamic vinegar plus sugar in a saucepan until it’s sticky). Other recommendations include sauteed onions, blue cheese, and pickles.
- You’ll want 1 finely minced onion, 2 cloves of crushed garlic, 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce, ¼ to 1/3 cup cannabutter, and 4 slider buns for every 4 slider-sized portobello mushroom caps.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Saute the onions and garlic in a small amount of regular cooking oil over medium heat in a saucepan.
- Add 1 tablespoon cannabutter and 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce. Cook, stirring, until golden. Do not brown. Remove from heat.
- Line baking pan with parchment paper. Arrange mushroom caps, gills up, in pan. Coat mushrooms all over with cannabutter, paying the most attention to the gills where the stuffing will go.
- Fill caps with onion and garlic mixture. Sprinkle with more Worcestershire sauce if desired. Season to taste with sea salt and pepper.
- To avoid drying the mushrooms, cover the pan with aluminum foil. Place in oven and bake for 25 minutes.
- Slice slider buns or rolls. Coat cut surfaces with cannabutter. Toast in the oven.
- Assemble sliders when caps and buns are done. Top as desired.
Popcorn Three Ways (all infused)
No sports ball party can function without popcorn. I know this, because no decent party at all should go forward without popcorn, just saying.
In this case, serve it infused, and three ways, if you dare! Just pop as much popcorn as you can stand, salt it, and then top it one of these ways.
- Melt ½ cup cannabutter (or part cannabutter and part sweet cream butter, your choice) over medium heat in a heavy saucepan.
- Add ½ cup light brown sugar and mix thoroughly. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Boil for 4 minutes, still over medium heat, without stirring. Add 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- Boil for one minute longer, and then add ¼ teaspoon baking soda. This makes it lighter and foamy.
- Pour over popcorn and stir gently with a spoon to coat. Allow to cool on a lined sheet.
- Melt at least 1 tablespoon cannabutter for every 1 cup of popcorn you want to coat.
- Coat popcorn in melted cannabutter, and immediately toss with everything bagel seasoning to coat.
- Don’t have everything seasoning? Grocery stores sell it, but you can also make it. Use 2 tablespoons flaky sea salt, plus 2 teaspoons each of granulated onion, granulated garlic, and caraway seeds, and 1 teaspoon each of black and white sesame seeds and poppy seeds.
Cheddar Cheese Corn:
- Melt at least 1 tablespoon cannabutter for every 1 cup of popcorn you want to coat.
- Coat popcorn in melted cannabutter, and immediately toss with cheddar cheese powder to coat.
- Don’t have cheddar cheese powder? Amazon and some grocery stores sell it (we like this one), but you can also pirate some from a box of mac and cheese.
Cannabis Charcuterie Board
Your ordinary charcuterie board becomes a cannabis-infused treat if you add the right touches to it. We love to serve these on a charcuterie board for a cannabis-friendly event:
- Infused chocolates and bon bons
- Sweets like our best pot brownies or peanut butter cookies (keep scrolling!)
- Homemade cannabis-infused, herbed cheese with crackers and pita
- Our infused dips, just below
- Infused compotes, honeys, and jams
Chips and Infused Dips
You can infuse most dips, but we like The Herb Ranch, Infused Onion Dip, Infused Baba Ganouj, and Infused Hummus.
Make Infused Hummus:
Follow our recipe and refrigerate.
Make Infused Baba Ganouj:
Follow our recipe and refrigerate.
Make The Herb Ranch:
- Mix equal parts of sour cream (or a vegan version), mayonnaise (or a vegan version), and buttermilk (or sour milk, or a vegan version—we just make ours with raw cashews and add a little lemon juice).
- Add Penzey’s Buttermilk Ranch Seasoning—because seriously, it’s the absolute best way. So good. In fact, it’s so good—I can’t even tell you how to make a better substitute. I’ve never tried.
- Now add in a swirl of infused EVOO.
Better still? Use canna-mayo and infused milk.
Make Infused Onion Dip:
- Start with the same three part salad cream you did for the ranch. Then, instead of ranch seasoning, add in onion soup mix and your infused oil.
- No onion soup mix? Make it: 4 tablespoons dried onion flakes, 6 crushed beef bullion cubes, ¼ teaspoon each dried parsley and onion powder, and 1/8 teaspoon each paprika, celery seed, and freshly ground black pepper.
Serve all of your dips with chips, pita chips, veggies, a baguette, you name it.
- Melt ¼ cup cannabutter over low heat in a saucepan.
- Add 2 tablespoons of flour, combine.
- Add 1 cup infused milk to make a roux. Stir well.
- Add 1 cup grated cheddar cheese, ½ cup grated pepper jack cheese, and ¼ teaspoon salt.
- Stir constantly over low heat until queso is smooth.
- Add ¼ to ½ cup salsa, and hot sauce if desired.
- Transfer to serving dish and serve hot with chips.
Infused Mac and Cheese Bites
Remember our best ever mac and cheese recipe? Follow it until the part in Step 6 where it tells you to pour the cheesy macaroni into a big pan.
Instead, scoop the mac and cheese into a greased mini muffin pan. Then top each one with the hard cheese like the recipe says and broil. YUM.
Best Pot Brownies Ever
Yes, you will find them here! Ours really are the best ever. Fight me.
Infused Peanut Butter Cookies
Mmmmm, peanut butter. If you’d like another sweet, stony option, this is the one, especially because it’s so easy:
- ½ cup room temperature cannabutter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 and 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream the butter and brown sugar with an electric hand mixer. Add the egg and peanut butter and mix well.
- Blend all dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Add dry ingredients to the peanut butter mixture, and stir until blended.
- Place 1″ balls of dough several inches apart on the baking sheet. Flatten with a fork in a crisscross pattern.
- Bake 8 to 9 minutes until cookies just golden. Do not overbake. Remove from the oven.
- Allow cookies to cool on the sheet for 5 minutes and then move to a cooling rack. They’ll set until they are cool.
Let’s face it: there’s nothing that an amazing table full of homemade cannabis-infused delights can’t make better. This line up is unbeatable, we’re pretty sure—but let us know what you’d like to see next year at the table and we’ll make that too!