This holiday season, relax into the festivities with this pretty pink peppercorn chocolate canna cake.
It looks fancy, and tastes even fancier, yet it can be pulled together in a few hours. This cake stores nicely, so if you’re a planner, you can make it in advance before a big feast. Chocolate is the go-to flavor for the holidays, and for edibles. Its strong flavor covers any herbal notes, and the pink peppercorns add a pop of surprising playful spice.
The colors turn this simple cake into a worthy centerpiece for your table. Get ready to wow your friends!
Chocolate Cake Recipe
1 Round 8” Springform Cake Pan
⅔ cup infused olive oil
3 large eggs, room temperature
½ cup firmly packed, dark brown sugar
⅓ cup granulated sugar
¼ cup whole milk, room temperature
¼ cup strongly brewed coffee
1 cup All-purpose Flour
½ cup Cocoa Powder
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
½ tsp baking soda
Pink peppercorns and sprinkles to decorate.
- Line the bottom of your cake pan with parchment paper. This ensures a smooth easy release after baking.
- Preheat oven to 325ºF.
- In a bowl, whisk together the olive oil, eggs, sugars, milk, and coffee
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa, baking powder, salt, and baking soda.
- Little by little, mix the dry ingredients into the wet, until all is incorporated.
- Pour the cake batter into your prepared cake pan, using the spatula to scrape every drop into the pan!
- Bake for 40 – 50 minutes. It will be done when a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let it cool completely to room temperature before removing from the pan and decorating.
Canna Cake Icing
4 Tbsp butter (or Cannabutter) melted
2 cups powdered sugar
2 Tbsp milk
- Sift the powdered sugar into a bowl to remove any lumps.
- Whisk in the melted butter and milk until smooth.
- Spread onto your cooled cake. Sprinkle the top with pink peppercorns and any sprinkles you like.
This cake keeps well for 2 days at room temperature when covered. For longer term storage, keep it in an airtight container in the fridge.