Warmer weather means longer days,
and longer days means lazy afternoons with cake and cannabis goodness.
In this post, we share a simple recipe for cannabis infused strawberry cake. It’s the best excuse for an afternoon snack! The berries soften and sink into the rich crumb, while the sugar adds a little crunch to the surface. We’ve topped it with whipped cream here, but if you really want to indulge, feel free to jazz it up with ice cream and chocolate sauce.
Impressive but simple, this cake recipe will impress your friends, and yourself! Perfect for breakfast, snacking, or dessert.
How To Make The Best Infused Strawberry Cake
This recipe is so easy that the only tip necessary is:
Keep all your ingredients at room temperature. Don’t try to cut corners and use cold milk or a cold egg. Let those ingredients come up to room temperature at it will reduce the need to over-mix. The result is a soft and fluffy cake!
The berries can easily be swapped out with other berries of your choice, or you can use a mix of different berries. The riper the berry the sweeter the cake. If the berries are overly ripe, they are perfect for cake-making.
Strawberry Cake Recipe:
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Yield: 10 slices
- 9” cake pan
- parchment paper
- 1 bowl
- 1 whisk
- 16 oz of Strawberries, hulled and halved.
- 6 Tablespoons Butter/Cannabutter at room temperature (see note)
- 1 ½ cups Sugar
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1 Egg at room temperature
- ½ cup of Milk (plant based or cow’s milk)
- 1 ½ cup All-purpose Flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons Baking Powder
- 2 Tablespoon turbinado or brown sugar, for sprinkling.
- Whipped Cream or Ice Cream (optional, for topping)
Note: Adjust the potency of this dessert by moving the ratio of regular butter to cannabutter. For instance, 3 Tbsp of cannabutter and 3 Tbsp of regular butter for a less potent cake.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line your pan with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, cream together the salt, sugar, and butter until it is light in color and fluffy.
- Whisk in the egg and the milk.
- Sift the flour and baking powder over the butter/egg mixture.
Whisk together until well-blended, but not overdone.
- Spread the batter in an even layer into your baking dish.
- Arrange the halved strawberries over the batter. The berries can overlap. The more the better!
- Sprinkle your turbinado or brown sugar over the berries.
- Place the cake in the oven, and reduce heat to 325°F. Bake for 50 minutes or until the center of the cake springs back from the touch.
- Let the cake cool to room temperature.
- Serve with whipped cream or ice cream!