This is the simplest and most gratifying thing you can make. You need no excuse to make this pie, but for those that need a reason, pick one from the list that suits you:
- It’s always summer in your world.
- You love ice cream.
- Friends are coming over and you want to impress them but have no energy for the effort.
- You need to occupy yourself in a fun way.
- Someone’s in a bad mood and they need a pick-me-up
- You’re feeling nostalgic.
- The grocery store is having a sale on ice cream.
- The sun rose this morning.
- You just ate a bag of salty chips, and now you need to relax with something sweet.
- You want to brag that yes, indeed, you have made ice cream pie.
- You believe that fabulous things should be easy and fast!
This pie is so simple, it isn’t even much of a recipe. Put your favorite ice cream into the shape of a pie, and you’re pretty much done. The difference here is in the crust. The easiest solution is a store-bought graham cracker crust, but to get a nice dose of canna goodness, you need to make your own crust using cannabutter. Don’t worry, this version does not require baking!
This crust inspiration came straight from the ice cream parlor’s toppings bar. Cereal is good in milk and even better on ice cream. Imagine a chocolatey, cannabuttery, cornflake, crunchy topping. Instead of sprinkling it on top, we are gonna crush it and use it as the crust. The chocolate coating keeps the cornflakes crunchy, and is the perfect vessel to deliver a cannabis-friendly slice of happiness.
Ice Cream Canna Pie Recipe:
Prep time: 30 minutes
Chill Time: 1 hour
Yield: 8 slices
- 1 9” pie pan
- Parchment paper
- 1 heatproof bowl
- 1 spatula
- 2 quarts of your favorite ice cream flavors. Mix and match, or be a purist.
- 4 cups unsweetened corn flakes
- 3 oz. bittersweet chocolate
- ¼ cup dark brown sugar
- 7 Tbsp Cannabutter
- In a heat proof bowl, melt the chocolate and butter together. You can do this in the microwave in short bursts of 10 seconds each, while stirring between bursts, or use the stove top. If over the stove, place the ingredients in the bowl, then place this bowl over a pot of water over medium heat. Stir together until homogenous.
- When the butter and chocolate is smooth, mix in the sugar until dissolved.
- Crush the corn flakes until they are coarse crumbs.
- Mix the crushed cornflakes into the chocolate.
- Line your pie pan evenly with this chocolate/cornflake mixture.
- Chill your crust in the freezer.
- Let your ice cream soften a little, just so it’s easy to scoop.
- Fill your pie with your favorite ice cream(s). Place scoops in a tight circle in the bottom of your pan.
- Using parchment paper, press down to flatten the ice cream to fill in any gaps.
- Layer over another flavor, or scoop more balls of ice cream on top as decoration.
- Place in freezer to chill.
- Serve with toppings of your choice.
If you have any leftovers, cover the pie with foil to prevent the freezer air forming ice crystals on the surface.
Flavor Combination and topping ideas:
What is pie without whipped cream? Pile on the cream and make it festive with your favorite sprinkles.
This is the perfect moment to drizzle and be generous with your canna caramel sauce.
Pistachio and chocolate ice cream!
Mint chocolate chip ice cream with crushed Oreos for toppings.
Vanilla ice cream topped with fresh strawberries.
Chocolate ice cream topped with peanut butter cups.
Coffee ice cream with hot fudge and whipped cream.
Whatever your imagination combines, this pie makes everyone happy!