If you’re tired of all the holiday cookies and sweets, you can bake up this batch of granola for a medicated sweet fix that doesn’t hurt your waistline (too much).
And! Granola keeps for ages, so you can stash some in your cupboard for those days when you don’t feel like cooking at all. If you’re feeling generous, it makes a nice gift when packed up in a pretty jar, but you probably won’t want to share this goodness with just anyone.
This granola recipe is packed with all the superfoods: coconut, chia seeds, and chocolate. Nuts have been included, but can be omitted for anyone with allergies. Otherwise, it’s dairy-free, gluten-free, and refined sugar-free.
- 4 ½ cups rolled oats
- 1 ½ cups chopped pecans
- 3 Tbsp chia seeds
- 2 Tbsp flax seeds
- 1 cup coconut chips
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup infused oil
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Line two baking sheets with aluminum foil.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, nuts, chia seeds, flax seeds, salt, and coconut chips.
- Add in your preferred infused oil.
- Mix well, until everything is evenly coated.
- Spread the mixture evenly in a thin layer over the two baking sheets.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Stir and turn the granola. Replace in oven and bake another 8 minutes.
- It should be dry and fragrant.
- Let it cool completely.
- Mix in the chocolate chips.
Enjoy over yogurt, in a bowl with milk, as a snack during a hike, or whenever you’re hungry!