Save your fork, because pie is coming – and everyone can see that it’s extra special! Only you will know that it was “easy as pie” to put together. It requires just 4 ingredients, plus your favorite pie shell.
This is a rich treat, like chocolate truffles that melt on your tongue, but in a cool summery format. The addition of cardamom gives a bright eucalyptus note to the dark chocolate’s smooth background. Keep this pie on hand in the fridge for when you want something fancier than a scoop of ice-cream.
Because it’s so simple to put together and needs to be made in advance, it’s the perfect dessert when entertaining. After a meal, relax with your friends over this sumptuous cannabis-infused chocolate pie.
Prep time: 2 hours
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 12 slices
- 1 pot
- 1 wooden spoon
- 1 heatproof bowl
- 1 spatula
- 1 sieve
- 1 9” pie pan
- Pie weights, or dry beans
- 1 pie crust (use your favorite recipe or a store-bought crust)
- 10 cardamom pods
- 1 ¼ cups heavy cream
- 7oz dark chocolate, chopped
- 2 Tbsp Cannabutter
Cocoa powder and creme fraiche to serve.
NOTE: When using cannabis infused cream and butter, adjust the potency of your dessert by using some infused cream along with regular cream. For example, for a less potent dessert, use only 3/4 cup of canna cream with 1/2 cup of regular heavy cream.
- First, blind bake your pie shell. Roll your crust out to line your pie pan. Crimp the edges and design to your liking. To help the crust keep its shape during baking, cover the crust with parchment, then fill with your pie weights. If you don’t have pie weights, fill with dried beans.
- Bake for 15 minutes in a hot 400°F oven. Remove the pie weights or beans, and continue baking until golden brown. Remove from the oven and let it cool to room temperature.
While the crust is cooling, make the chocolate filling.
- Crush the 10 cardamom pods by rolling over them with a rolling pin. Place everything, pods and seeds, into the pot.
- Pour all of the heavy cream over the seeds.
- Over medium heat, slowly heat the cream. Once it is about to boil, turn the heat off.
- Add the chopped chocolate and stir until all is melted and homogenous.
- Place the sieve over the bowl and strain the chocolate mixture into the bowl.
- Once the chocolate mixture has cooled 100°F (about body temperature) pour it into the prepared crust.
- Chill it in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
When ready to serve, sift cocoa powder over the top and serve with creme fraiche!